Thursday, October 22, 2020

A to Z Bible Verse Challenge Week #7





This week for the Truth from A to Z challenge over at The Happy Wonderer we have letter G. 

One word that came to mind several times was GIVE.  There are a lot of verses with the word give.  Jesus talks about giving a lot through the Gospels. The verse I thought about was Luke 6:38--


Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Because of the example of my parents, I have always felt giving is important. I feel it is a blessing to be able to give to help others (money or time) but also to have the right attitude about the giving. 

Another verse that ties into this is 2 Corinthians 9:7--

Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

This is one I taught my son when he was little.  I can still imagine how his little voice sounded as he said it.



Have a day of blessings!
 Bethany



2 comments:

Louca por porcelana said...

Thank you for sharing. Best wishes.

ellen b. said...

Great word and verses for the letter G, Bethany. Thanks so much for sharing!