Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Wednesday Hodgepodge


1. Just your weekly mid-week reminder that it's fall y'all and it's my favorite. I love nearly all the flavors of fall but let's weigh in with an either or today...pumpkin or cranberry? hot apple cider or pumpkin spice latte? cinammon or maple? apple or pear? ginger or sage? carrot or butternut squash? Yes you have to choose. What's a favorite dish made with one of the flavors listed here? 
Here is my list of choices:
cranberry
hot apple cider 
cinammon (But not candles!)
 apple 
ginger or sage?  No idea!
carrot

Reading this list what comes to mind is apple pie.  I like to make it this time of year with big Granny Smith apples.

2. Do you miss traveling? In this season of almost no travel do you think you've grown anxious or fearful about traveling again? Or has all this staying home not going anywhere made you restless to get out and see the world? What book have you read or what movie have you watched that has inspired you to travel? 
We did not have our typical vacation with lots to see/do this year.  We did however go down to the Texas coast and stayed at the little place owned by my husband's parents. It was nice NOT to have anything planned or anywhere to be to fill our days.  We just did as we wanted.  

I do look forward to traveling again and feeling safe staying in hotels.  It never bothered me before (as my husband pointed out) to stay in a hotel, but the just not knowing who was there before me and if they had the virus makes me not want to right now.  

I just started a book called Nothing Short of Wondrous by Regina Scott, and it is historical fiction set in Yellowstone.  I already made a Pinterest board to research going there!


3. A time you felt like you were 'flying by the seat of your pants'? Explain. 
I do not like 'flying by the seat of my pants.' I feel like that when I do not have a plan for breakfast for the boys and I realize that at night when it's really too late to do anything about it!  

4. Do you struggle with road rage or are you more of a 'Sunday driver'? Do you like to be 'in the driver's seat (literally and/or figuratively speaking) ?

I'm probably more of a 'Sunday driver.' But I do growl when people are rude on the road.  

I do NOT like being in the driver's seat.  I'd much rather my husband be driving!  

5. Something you've recently 'put the brakes on'? 

I feel I have stopped being concerned with doing everything and being okay with doing what I can do without worrying what others will think of me.  So I guess not overcommitting myself and being okay with that will be my answer.  

6. Insert your own random thought here. 
Since our football game was cancelled last Friday night, my hubby and I got to have a date.  The boys stayed the night at my Mom's.  We went to eat at Abuelos. It is popular especially on a Friday night.  I thought we got there early enough but I'd forgotten about the limited seating due to Covid so we did have a little wait. They have huge platters which we shared.  Then we went to an ice cream shop.  We had never been to it before....it was so yummy and creamy!  And good prices!  I want to go back with the boys.  We came home and watched a movie.  It was nice to get a chance for an unexpected date night.  

Have a day of blessings!
 Bethany

1 comment:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Granny Smiths are the best! We are in the age group of covid being extremely dangerous for us. We traveled to visit our daughter and we thought about driving straight through but that would have been difficult. I did a lot of research and hotels can be very safe. First of all the hotels have been slow. They try their hardest to rent out rooms that were cleaned three days prior. We went in and I wiped down every possible surface in the room. That was a month ago and we are okay. They have extreme measures in the hotels now, however it is still a risk. Just think of the people cleaning it and the risk they are taking. I wouldn't want that job. I like your answer for putting the brakes on! Hooray for date night.