Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Book: The Celebration



Today I'm sharing a book with you called The Celebration.  This is the 3rd book in the Amish Cooking Class series by Wanda E. Brunstetter.  I reviewed the first book The Seekers and the second book called The Blessing.  I enjoyed the other two books and was glad to read this third book.

About the book:
Lyle and Heidi Troyer have taken in a brother and sister, who were orphaned when their parents were killed in a car accident. Hoping to help the children adapt and make friends, Heidi decides to hold a series of cooking classes for kids. But kids are always accompanied by an adult—and that is where the trouble arises.

Miranda Cooper is living the life of a single mom to her two kids while separated from her husband, but Trent is trying to worm his way back into her heart.

Denise McGuire’s life as a wife, mom, and real estate broker is full and spilling over.

Darren Keller, single dad and firefighter, and Ellen Blackburn, single mom and nurse, find a few things in common.

Will hearts be healed over plates of Amish food?

My thoughts:
I liked the change of this book in having the cooking class for children instead of adults as was the case in the other two books in the series. It was interesting to read the interactions of the children in the class as well as how the parents interacted with one another.

Heidi is a wonderful main character who is easy to like.  She has lots of wisdom to share with her students and their parents and is never rude or pushy.  I appreciate that she includes a Bible verse with her recipes for her students to take home and to read how the verses bless the families.

Another thing I liked about this book is that the recipes are included at the end.

It is somewhat predictable I thought as I read but is a good story and my favorite in this series.

This book will be coming out soon at the beginning of February.

Watch this short trailer about the book too.

Visit the author's website here.

I received an Advanced Reader Copy of this book for my review.

Have a day of blessings!
   Bethany

No comments: