Thursday, January 25, 2018

Thankful Thursday

I typed this earlier but something happened and it didn't save so I'm redoing it.  Also I just realized I never copied my post from last week onto my blog after typing it on my iPad.  So I have two posts going up today.  I do  have a book review to do as well but don't know when I will post that.

This has been another different kind of week for us.  Monday was the only work day that my husband was effected by the government shutdown (he's a federal employee).  Tuesday afternoon I took Caleb to the doctor.  He had a bad cough and it started waking him in the night.  He was worn out.  His tonsils were enlarged and his ears were red.  He stayed home from school on Wednesday. 

Today I am thankful for...
~ my husband having a job to go to.  This is something I am always thankful for but after the shutdown it is something to remember. We've been through a shutdown before, that one was much longer. 

~ my big boy feeling better and able to go back to school. His cough sounded so painful to hear and I know he was so tired of it.

~ watching "Daniel Tiger" with my little guy.  It is a cute little cartoon based off of Mr. Roger's Neighborhood.  We check them out from the library.  Titus is cute singing the songs.

~ Christians praying for one another.  This encourages me to see people praying for one another. As I mentioned in the previous post, friends buried their 27 year old daughter last week.  Now this week they have lost another family member.  Please pray for them.  The mother lost her daughter and dad in about a week's time. 

~ going to the ladies Bible study on Tuesday and then the supper on Wednesday.  We stopped having Bible study over the holidays and now it has resumed.  We are using the book The Armor of God as a guide this semester, and I know I will enjoy it.

~ getting tickets to go see Steven Curtis Chapman!!!  I'm very excited!

What are you thankful for today?


Have a day of blessings!
  Bethany

1 comment:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I'm glad Caleb is feeling better. I am so sorry to hear about your friends father passing too. Sending her prayers and ((HUGS)).....