Monday, April 10, 2017

The Seekers


Wanda E. Brunstetter has a new series called The Amish Cooking Class.  I finished the first book called The Seekers.

Heidi decides to offer cooking classes to teach students how to make a few Amish dishes.  She has quite a mixture of personalities who sign up to take her class.  As the weeks pass the students begin to share their personal experiences and problems.  They all seem to gain something more than just learning to cook through these classes.

I enjoyed this book and the characters with their various ages and backgrounds.  The author has another series which I've read called The Half-Stitched Amish Quilting Club that is similar.  I liked the main character Heidi's gentle way with her students and how she wanted to help them in their lives, not just teach them a few lessons on cooking. Another thing I liked was that the recipes Heidi teaches her students are included at the back of the book!  I want to try Amish haystack for my family. I look forward to read what happens to these characters, especially Heidi with her longing for a child of her own.

Click here to view a trailer for the book.

A copy of this book was provided to me for my review by the author and publisher.  Thank you.

Have a day of blessings!
   Bethany

No comments: