Tuesday, June 2, 2015

14 years

On this day 14 years ago we said "I do."

I'm so thankful God brought us together our freshman year of college. I feel blessed to be married to this wonderful man who is my best friend.

It's been quite a year for us. When we celebrated our 13th anniversary, we had no idea we'd have a new son this year!  Throughout my pregnancy my husband was wonderful in his love and care for me.  I found myself just amazed at all he would do. He'd work all day, and then come home and do whatever needed to be done when I didn't feel like doing it...laundry, cooking, grocery shopping, dishes, anything. He listened to my worries and let me cry when I needed to.  I appreciated his excitement about my pregnancy and the coming baby. He took me to all of my doctor's appointments which was three hours away. He continually prayed for me and the baby to be healthy.

Now that our baby boy is here he continues to shower me with love and take care of us all so well. He changes diapers in the night. He sings our boy to sleep. He makes time for our big boy, continuing to do the things together they did before the baby came. He has done laundry, ironing, cleaning, grocery shopping,  taken our boy to school...all things I normally do for the family...but he has taken over as I recover.

God gave me a special gift in my husband. This last year I've found my love for him continues to grow deeper.  I'm thankful for this day to remember our beautiful wedding day and our vows we made to each other.

"A cord of three strands is not easily broken."  Ecclesiastes 4:12


Have a day of blessings!
 

2 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Happy Anniversary! You are both blessed with loving each other fully.....

Marsha said...

Happy Anniversary, y'all! May you have many, many more. Love, hugs, and many praayers.