Wednesday, August 6, 2014
1. What would you say is the key to success? Trying your best and not comparing yourself to others is a good start.
2. Have you ever been to the Florida Keys? Any desire to visit that part of the US of A?
No I have not been there but would like to visit someday. A FB friend posted pictures of their Florida vacation, and I thought we should go that way some year.
3. When and where did you last see a real live donkey? Monkey? Turkey? donkey--I often see donkeys in fields as we are driving.
monkey--I guess at the zoo but I don't remember when that last was.
turkey--We usually see some at a produce store we visit here out in the country. Every time we go there Caleb starts making his turkey call and calls them up. He thinks it is neat they come when he calls!
4. An old Portuguese proverb says, 'Beware of the door with too many keys.' What do you think this means? Share an example of how this has proven true or false in your own life. I have never heard of this proverb so I looked it up and was surprised at all the things that popped up. To me this means be careful in your choices and if you have a bunch of different options in front of you, be sure to choose wisely. The easiest is not necessarily the best.
5. Besides your home, vehicle, and special jewelry, what is something you keep under lock and key? birth certificate, marriage license, papers about the vehicles, and some savings bonds
6. When did you last get keyed up about something? my son's upcoming birthday party this weekend and getting everything ready for that
7. Who thinks we need an easy one right about now? Key lime pie...yes please or no thank you? No thank you, I don't know that I've ever had it, maybe a bite of my husband's.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We are looking forward to Caleb's birthday party. He has helped get things ready for it, and we are just about ready! The house is just about cleaned, and we are going to the grocery store Thursday. It will be Saturday afternoon with a Duck Dynasty theme.
Also, today is the anniversary of my first due date for the first baby we never got to meet. I had a miscarriage at nearly 11 weeks. That baby would be 11 this year. Then the next year God gave us Caleb!
Have a day of blessings!