Thursday, July 31, 2014

Thankful Thursday

The end of July!  I knew it would go fast. August always brings me mixed emotions, and there are plenty of those this year.

We made an out of town trip with my husband this week!  We ended up in our former town (not where we had originally planned on going with him) because he had to attend a last minute meeting. It was very fun and enjoyable!

Today I am thankful for...

~ being able to go with my husband on his trip. It was just a one night trip and we enjoyed our drive and being together. And I'm thankful for safe travel.

~ my volunteering boy!  This week we helped a friend from church in her classroom. She moved from 3rd grade to 1st grade and is getting her new room ready. Caleb had fun helping her put labels on her books, and she has a ton of books!  Then when we were out of town he asked if we'd get in town in time to help at the food pantry. We did not Wednesday, but he wanted to Thursday morning.  He enjoyed helping the people load the food into their vehicles. (We used to volunteer here before we moved so it was fun to see the other workers again after so many years away and help a little while.)

~ the weather!  Wow it has been so nice. We've had some 100 degree days this summer but less than in other years for sure. Today I think it was 86. We went to the park for a while.

~  seeing old friends. It was so nice to hug so many as we visited our old church. We keep up with many of them through Facebook, but it's not the same as seeing them in person. We lived there 7 years so it was nice to see them after being gone 3.5 years.

~ the memories I have associated with August, both happy and sad.

Have a day of blessings!

No comments: