Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Happy Anniversary to my husband!

On this day nine years ago, I married my best friend, the special person God gave me to travel with down life's path. I remember how we were so in love on that day. I've looked back this week at my journal from those months and days leading up to our wedding and also taken out our wedding photographs. Such sweet memories! Oh how I cherish them.

I remember that people would ask us questions like where are you going to live, what are you going to do? At the time I was finishing college and looking for a teaching job. We were in a place where the school district was talking about shutting down schools. Not exactly the most promising outlook for a first year teacher who needed to stay in the area while her new husband finished college! I remember not knowing where I'd be teaching in the fall but just being so happy and in love that I just knew it would work out. I had several interviews and then was offered a job teaching 2nd grade (in the district that was closing schools!). Looking back on that time is so encouraging to me today. I love how God fits all the pieces together and does what He knows is best for us at just the right time.

I am so thankful for my husband and the 9 years of marriage we have had. Nine years! It has been such a wonderful nine years. Sometimes I stop and think, "Wow I'm in love with him." Then I'm amazed at just how deep our love has grown. God gave me such a blessing. I could never had dreamed or planned it all so perfectly what God did by bringing us together at ACU.

Happy Anniversary sweetie! I am so excited about what the coming year will hold for us.
I am so proud to be your wife. You're an amazing husband and father and I love being married to you, my best friend!

I may have shared this song here before, but it is a sweet song that I wanted to share today for our anniversary.



Have a day of blessings!

4 comments:

Debbie Petras said...

Congratulations to you and your hubby on your 9 year anniversary! I'm sure you will have a lifetime of memories to write down in that journal of yours.

Love,
Debbie

Bonnie said...

Happy Anniversary to my two wonderful children! You are both such amazing blessings in my life and I am SO thankful for both of you!

Loren said...

Happy Anniversary Bethany! Praying the Lord blesses you with many many more!

Denise said...

Happy Anniversary sweetie, may you two be sweetly blessed with many more years.