Tuesday, October 6, 2009

As long as it is called Today: Christian women/men (October)

Welcome to "As long as it is called Today" as we encourage one another. I hope you will join me each week on Tuesdays as we encourage each other in our daily lives as Christians, spouses, parents, and home keepers.

Here is the link to last week's question


Today's question: What does it mean to you to be a Christian?

My answer: To me being a Christian means following Christ's example of living in all I do. I know I'm not going to get it all right. but I know I can keep trying and working towards that. Being a Christian is something you are daily, not just on Sunday's or not just on paper because it sounds good.

I hope you will join in and give your answer today. Thanks for participating.


I have some book reviews I'll be posting plus book giveaways sometime soon!

Have a day of blessings!

5 comments:

Denise said...

Christ in action through my life, love you sweetie.

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

Hard to put that in a short phrase. I suppose to me it means that I no longer live with and for only my family, work, and friends. I have a Director who guides, instructs, reprimands (oh, yeah!), supports, and loves me, and that has changed my attitude, my life goals, my level of contentedness (I have always been happy, but now I am joyful), my ability to love, and my willingness to be obedient (a trait I was NOT born with).

LisaShaw said...

Being a Christian for me is EVERYTHING. It means I am no longer just a sinner. I'm a "sinner saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ". Being a CHRISTian for me means following Jesus Christ not the 'world' and not 'lisa'. It means surrendering myself to the leading of the Holy Spirit daily and moment by moment. Being a Christian for me means that I am NOT perfect but HIS Perfection is at work in me. Being a CHRISTian for me means I am loved and therefore I love. It means eternal life. It means everything!!!

I could share and share but I think you understand (smile).

I appreciate your sharing today with us Bethany.

Love and blessings and may we both live out the CHRISTian lifestyle in a manner that pleases the LORD. Amen.

Debra Kaye said...

Bethany,

Being a Christian to me means being a follwer of my Lord and King, Jesus Christ...and living my life according to His will not my own.

Love you!

Amanda said...

I think you said it best. The first thing that came to my head was, "Follow the teachings of Jesus Christ."

What a wonderful question thought... as it inspires me to ask myself, am I living that??

Many blessings sweet girl!
Amanda