Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Thankful Thursday: Count Your Blessings

This week for Thankful Thursday we're over at Lynn's (Spiritually Unequal Marriage). She wrote a wonderful TT post and mentioned the song "Count Your Many Blessings."

This is really a great theme for me for this week. My heart has been heavy. Little Orion went home to be with Jesus this week. The funeral is Friday morning. I know he's healthy and safe in Jesus' arms today, and I'm glad he isn't going to have to suffer. My heart hurts for his family though, his Mom and Dad, brother, sister, aunts, uncles, and grandparents. Through the pain I can be thankful for this little boy and knowing God had a plan and purpose for his life.

Have you counted your blessings lately? Here are some of mine...

~ supportive husband. When our son was awake in the night coughing, he got up with us to check and see if he could do anything to help out. I love this about him! It really blessed me to know he cared and didn't just lay in bed as he could have done.

~ funny boy. I love that he always makes me laugh. When we were sitting on the couch I told him it was time for bath. He paused and said, "I don't smell bad" as he sniffed his arm.

~ friends.
~ purple flowers in my backyard.
~ cool mornings.
~ rainy days.
~ fun trip to the State Fair.
~ books.
~ 5 senses.
~ blogging friends.
~ mail.
~ fall decorations.
~ email stories that make me smile.
~ reading with my boy.
~ Bible.
~ answers to prayers.
~ food.
~ music.
~ books on CD.
~ YOU visiting my blog.

Okay, your turn! Count your blessings! If you start it will probably be hard to stop!

Have a day of blessings!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Bethany,

Girl, I am adding all your list to mine too. Neat.. neat... keep counting... I love that old hymn.

Also, I hurt for the family of Orion. I prayed for them when your email arrived.

Hugging you... Be strong on Friday. Love, Lynn

Karen said...

I sat down to think about all the blessing of 2009 so far, and the list made me realize how many prayers God has answered!

Rita T. said...

You do have a lot of blessings!

Amy said...

awww that's a lovely list, so sorry about the little boy who passed away?

Denise said...

Awesome blessings. Praying for Orion's family. I love you.

debi9kids said...

So very sorry to hear about little O. It's always so sad when little ones pass on... saying prayers for his family.

What a sweet boy you have!
Happy TT!

aL|e said...

This is a relieving post for me.
2 weeks ago our country experienced a tragedy caused by typhoons. It's been really a hard weeks for us. The whole nation is in sorrow and pain. But then I know that God will never leave us, that he will take good care of us and will turn our sorrow into joy.

maritz said...

you have a grateful heart my dear..
God bless.

Debbie Petras said...

I love to visit you blog Bethany. And I am so saddened about the news of Orion's death. Yes, he is with Jesus but I'm sure his parents are devastated. May they receive encouragement, comfort and love. I'm sure you'll be giving them plenty of that.

Karen said...

I love your thankful list. And I'm thankful for you to!

Take care,
Karen

Karen said...

Sorry, I hit the enter button on my last comment before I entered my link. Oops! I got my name linked on this one.
Karen

Amanda said...

I love that list as always... you are such a blessings sweet girl.

Amanda

Pia said...

Lord, i pray that you comfort orion's family. in Jesus' name, amen.

did i ever tell you that i love the name bethany?

susansspace said...

I enjoyed reading your Thankful list!
So very sorry to read about Orion!
I hope his parents will take comfort in knowing that he is safe in the arms of Jesus, and pain free!
Blessings, Susan