Friday, October 9, 2009

Book #39: Take One by Karen Kingsbury

This is my first audio book. I've checked movies out from the library that I thought I'd watch when Caleb was in school as I did laundry, ironing, etc. But it hasn't happened yet! When I saw my favorite author Karen Kingsbury's Take One from the Above the Line series, I thought I could try the audio version.

Friends and former missionaries, Chase and Keith are in Bloomington, Indiana working on a new movie. These producers are Christians and want a movie that is set apart from other trash of Hollywood, a movie that will change the world Because of this they are an independent film therefore they are on a low budget. They have worked to raise enough funds for the filming and as they begin to shoot, troubles come from all directions. Will they be able to continue until their dream is fulfilled?
If you are familiar with Karen Kingsbury's series, you'll know the Baxter family. They are in this series as minor characters, which is nice since they feel like "real people" after reading so much about them in the other books.
I highly recommend this book and already have listened to part of Take Two!

Have a day of blessings!

3 comments:

Denise said...

Awesome review. Thanks for my sweet package I received from you. I love you so much, and very much appreciate your friendship. Your mom is very talented. The hand towels are so lovely.

Bethany said...

That's my neck of the woods. :)

I love reading your reviews. They really give great insight into what books are worth the read. Thanks!

sister sheri said...

Sounds great. I love audiobooks!