Friday, July 3, 2009

2009 Goals: Checking in #3

Here is my original goal list.

--prayer. I continue to learn and see the importance of prayer in our daily living. I have been hearing and reading so much on prayer lately that continually reminds me of the importance to always be praying.

--Bible study. This summer I'm doing the study Me, Myself & Lies by Jennifer Rothschild with the LPM blog. It is an eye-opening study.

--budget. Almost almost almost debt free! Yippee! I'll let you know when we make that last payment on the school loan!

--book reading. I finished book #28 which I'll post a review for later.

--laugh. It seems Caleb is so good at reminding me to laugh. I am thankful for that.

--verse memorization. I'm still memorizing the verses from Proverbs. I have not been writing out verses for Caleb to memorize. I need to do that again.

--be earth friendly. I am now remembering most of the time to put our reusable bags back in the trunk instead of leaving them at home. AND I usually remember to grab one when I run in a store for something. This week when we went grocery shopping I realized I had forgotten to put the two I'd used Wednesday back into the car so I was two short for the groceries. Caleb said why did she have to give us those sacks since we had some plastic this time. I'm glad he noticed.
--organize/declutter. I haven't organized anything lately that I remember.

--get to bed earlier. Sometimes we make it to bed earlier but this hasn't been one of those weeks!

This posting is mainly for me to keep up with how I'm doing and to remind myself of what I want to be doing! Have a wonderful weekend!
~~~~~~~~~
"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning." James 1:17, KJV

2 comments:

Debbie Petras said...

Every time I read one of your posts, I'm amazed. You are so young and yet you are so wise. If I had goals like yours when I was your age, I think I would have avoided so many difficulties. But I guess we can only go forward and learn lessons from our mistakes. But Bethany, you keep on praying about ALL things. Love you.

Denise said...

You have done really well.