Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Looking ahead to 2009....


Since I looked back yesterday, today I am looking forward to the new year of 2009 that is upon us. I enjoy reflecting over the past year, but I also value this time to look ahead to a new year. It gives me a chance to think of things I want to do differently and what I want to accomplish. When I think of 2009, two things pop out in my head....first, my husband and I will be turning 30 and second, our son will turn five and go to kindergarten! There are other things I'm excited about...participating in Financial Peace University and attending a Women of Faith Conference.

I would like to share my goals with you here as I shared my goals for 2008.

--prayer. I have found a couple ideas of things I want to do with my prayer time this year. (One is shared at Spiritually Unequal Marriage, you might want to try it too.)

--Bible study. In the past year I've been reading through the Bible. This year I want to do some studies on various words and topics. I have a list started and am excited about doing this. I'll probably do a couple of study books too but really want to try doing some studying "on my own" (without study guides), just me and God's word.

--budget. We will go through FPU this year and are excited to finish paying off the school loan debt.

--book reading. I want to aim for 50 books again this year. This year I want to read a classic that I've never read before. As I write this today I wonder how many books I'll be able to read while I sit and wait in my car to pick up Caleb after school. (August is a long ways off, right!!??)

--laugh. I want to laugh more! I plan to talk about this on my blog too in the coming days.

--verse memorization. I've selected the verses already, and this year they will all be from Proverbs. Also in this category, I want to keep a list of verses I memorize with Caleb.

--be earth friendly. We already recycle and use reusable bags instead of plastic now at the grocery store. I'm going to look for other things to do this year.

--organize/declutter. I want everything to have a place!
--get to bed earlier.

I may add more if I think of additional goals. These are the ones I have on my list so far!
I'm adding this link to Lori's New Year's Meditations. Join us if you'd like!
~~~~~~~~~~~~
"When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, 'I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.'" John 8:12

9 comments:

Aunt Angie said...

Those are GREAT goals! I have only shared a couple with my sister Aimee so far...I must put pen to paper though and get my thoughts lined up!

See you in 2009!!!

Marsha said...

50!!! My stars!!! You ARE an avid reader!!

And laughing more... great thing to do.

Marsha said...

PS I love your new blog design. I saw that one and almost picked it. I decided to stay wintry another month yet.

Pamela said...

You are an inspiration to me.
I'm going to do memory verses with you this year! I am excited. I love Proverbs!!

Denise said...

Praying for you to reach all of your goals.

Melanie said...

Wow.. all such great goals! I'll be praying for you as you seek to achieve each and every one of them this year.

Lori said...

This is a great list. I did a Financial Peace a few years ago, it was such a blessing. We now only live with what is in the bank! It is such a freeing feeling.

Thank you so much for participating. Happy New Year!

Bonnie said...

What a great list!! I might have to borrow a few of your goals, too! Some pretty insightful and wonderful women are participating in Lori's Meditations. I am really loving reading each of you! Thank you for sharing. Blessings!

Debbie Petras said...

Clutter and laughter! I can do less with one and more with the other. Amen to that, my friend.