Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Happy New Year! Iris asked us to consider 2008 and who or what had an impact on us.

I have been thinking about my husband and how thankful I am for him. I feel like we grew closer in our relationship, which always amazes me to realize we're closer than we were when it didn't seem we could be any closer!

In 2008 I saw such growth in my husband. I have been so proud of him for keeping his commitment to read through the Bible this year. I have seen him grow closer to God over the past twleve months. He completed the Dale Carnegie training back in the spring/early summer. He was one of five people who interviewed for a new position in his work. Even though he didn't receive that position, it has opened new doors for him. The past couple of months he's been organizing the materials for coordinating Financial Peace University at our church.

It has blessed me to see him grow in so many ways and I give thanks for my husband as we begin 2009. I look forward to turning 30 with him this year. :) I love you sweetie!

Thanks for visiting my blog. Join us for Thankful Thursday by clicking the link in the sidebar.
~~~~~~~~~
"For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior." Ephesians 5:23

8 comments:

HEATHER said...

Beautiful tribute to your husband. Happy New Year!!!

Jennifer said...

Wonderful tribute to an amazing husband.

Happy TT and Happy New Year!

Laurie Ann said...

Wonderful tribute to your husband. I truly enjoyed reading about your love for him and the things he has accomplished this year! Amazing! Happy Thankful Thursday and praying God's blessings for you and yours in the upcoming year.

Melanie said...

A great tribute to your husband. I'm sure he is such a blessing to you.

Happy New Year!

Denise said...

Your blog blesses me.

Debra Kaye said...

Bethany,

I love your tribute to your husband. And I love your thankful heart.

Blessings to you, my friend.

Debbie Petras said...

How fortunate to have a husband who loves the Lord. I was excited to read that he took the Dale Carnegie course. I completed that course years ago and it was so helpful to me. Public speaking always scared me but that course was great. The benefits will continue in his life and his work. Happy New Year to you!

Aisling said...

Fantastic list, it's always good to watch God at work in those around us.