Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Books #44 and #45

I knew all year that I'd have two books to add the last day of the year! Today I've finished these two books.


The first, The One Year Book of Daily Prayer, was a gift we received for Christmas from my Mom last year. I have enjoyed this book. Each day has a verse, short thought, and prayer that goes along with the verse.

The second is The One Year Bible. Last year my husband and I saw this book at Mardel, bought it, and committed to reading through the Bible. Both of us have now done so! Most mornings he would read first thing when he got up. Sometimes though on weekends or when traveling we'd read together, either him reading to me or me reading to him. I remember back in February I read to him as he was sick in bed and then a couple days later he was reading to me when I was sick in bed! It has been wonderful to read through the Bible again. In this particular Bible, each day has a passage from the Old Testament, one from the New Testament, a passage from Psalms, and a verse or two from Proverbs. It actually goes through Psalms twice.

I am not going to finish any more books this year so I made it to 45 of my goal of 50!! I will start over next year!
~~~~~
"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path." Psalm 119:105

1 comment: