Friday, July 3, 2009

2009 Book #29: Words Unspoken by Elizabeth Musser

I have finished reading Words Unspoken by Elizabeth Musser. This is a book I thoroughly enjoyed once I figured out all the different characters. In the beginning it was hard to figure out each character’s purpose to the story, but as I read more I loved how the author weaved their stories together.

Lissa Randall is a young woman whose life suddenly comes to a halt after a tragic accident claims her mother’s life. She lives in fear of driving and with the sound of voices sounding in her head. She begins taking driving lessons with Mr. Ev MacAllister who teaches Lissa more than just about being able to drive again.

The characters struggle with the voices they hear playing in their minds. Their struggles are woven together beautifully to create an amazing novel.

Here is a verse from the book that I really liked:
" I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them." Isaiah 42:16

1 comment:

Denise said...

Awesome review.