Monday, February 2, 2009

Marriage Monday: The Surprise of Christian Marriage

1st Monday Every Month at Chrysalis
Want this button?

Today is Marriage Monday! I've really enjoyed participating in this monthly gathering over at the blog Chyrsalis. You can visit other participants or link up over at Lynn's today.

Here is today's topic: Fire up your keyboard and tell us something that really rocked your world after you got married. Was it a blessing? Or a disappointment? Was it something you were completely unprepared for? Tell us how you handle the unexpected in your relationship.

I have thought about the topic for a few days. I tried to think of what surprised me about marriage and nothing really jumped out at me at first. From the beginning marriage has been such a blessing to me and so much more than I ever expected. One big surprise I have had through the years is something I heard people say before but never understood till I experienced it myself. The surprise: how I continue to love my husband more with each passing day and year. Some moments I just feel so overwhelmed with love for him. I thought we were so in love on our wedding day and couldn't imagine how I could ever love him more than on that day. It has been such a wonderful blessing to feel that love grow through the years. I am so thankful for this love we share in our marriage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself." Ephesians 5:28

9 comments:

Denise said...

I really enjoyed this, bless you.

Susannah said...

What a beautiful testimony! Praise God that your love for your husband continues to grow stronger every day.

Thanks for joining us for Marriage Monday today. :~D

Anonymous said...

This is such a wonderful and thoughtful testimony to him! Great job Bethany...great thoughts as always!

God bless!

Unknown said...

Hi BP,

Girl, this makes me just want to reach through my screen and hug you. Your words here honor your husband, reflect your Christ-centered heart and honor Jesus.

I am so glad you joined us at Marriage Monday. I always love visiting you. I see Jesus in your life and it inspires me. Hugs, Lynn

Debra Kaye said...

Bethany,

I can appreciate this post so much. After being married 17 years, I find it almost implausible that I could love Jay more...but I do!

Happy Monday, sweet friend. Blessings to you!

Donetta said...

I so celebrate that same thing with my man

Connie Marie said...

That's the truth, and I am glad that is the way it is in your marriage. So good to have a partner that just gets sweeter with time.

Blessings on your marriage.

susansspace said...

Have to add my name to the "Me, too!" We'll celebrate our 45th anniversary this May, and each year along the way, we continue to say, "This is the best time of our life!"
God bless you & your marriage!
Susan

sister sheri said...

Yes! I thought we were supposed to live unhappily married after... How good is our God!