Sunday, February 1, 2009

Proverbs & Prayers: Week #5

This past week Caleb memorized "Fear the Lord and shun evil." We talked about what the word "shun" means as well as "evil." These are two words a four year old doesn't understand. We told him it means run away from bad things. Looking at the rest of the verse, how many times do we think we have all the answers yet we discover we do not.

This week's verse is also from Proverbs 3.

Proverbs 3:9--"Honor the Lord with your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops."

Do you have a prayer request this week? Please let me know if I can add you to my prayer list.

I will be praying for:

~ Baby Harper. I mentioned this newborn a couple of weeks ago. Praise God she is out of NICU and in her own room.

~ Wesley. He will be having brain surgery this week.

~ our troops. I heard a reminder on the radio to pray for our troops and their families.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Sing to the LORD, praise his name; proclaim his salvation day after day." Psalm 96:2

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is indeed a good reminder....

Many blessings-
Amanda

Denise said...

Very nice.

Michele Williams said...

Heather and my health.
Our church to approve for my husband to have a six months sabatical.
Our stepfather,Chris kidney failure.
Marsha's grandbaby, Savannah has Malaria.

Debra Kaye said...

Bethany,

Thank you for adding me to your prayers...thank you my sister.

Unknown said...

Hi BP,

Love your new design. Girl, I am searching for your MM post. Did I miss it? Sending you a big hug today. Lynn