Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Childhood Cancer Awareness

I read a post recently through the Audrey's Umbrella message board that has stuck with me. It was written by a breast cancer survivor and mother of a child battling brain cancer. Here is the link to the post so you can read it yourself. Caringbridge (look at journal entry for September 26, 2008)

I feel like this mother has made many valid points. September was Childhood Cancer Awareness Month. It was much less publicized than all the notices everywhere reminding women it is now Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Reading this made me wonder what I could do to raise awareness. I found a gold ribbon while reading a blog recently and asked permission to use it, so I'm adding it to my sidebar.

It is heartbreaking to read stories and hear about all of the families who have battled cancer with their children. More funding and research needs to be done. Surely someone could find an answer.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Be always on the watch, and pray." Luke 21:36

Today's prayer for the election:

Pray for members and leaders of other political parties, and for undecided or unregistered voters

1 comment:

Debra Kaye said...

Bethany,

You have such a heart for the hurting ~ I lost my grandmother to breast cancer and I am a survivor of cervical cancer...but I can't imagine what families go through with the their children facing this illness.

Blessings to you for bringing awareness and praying!