Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Waiting...

The song I loved in the movie "Fireproof" is called "While I'm Waiting." I was so excited on the way home to find out my husband has the CD. He recognized the singer as John Waller. I guess I haven't listened to that CD much because I didn't even recognize the tune or any part of the song. You can read the lyrics here. Also I found a video of John Waller speaking about the song
and why he wrote it. You can watch a clip from the movie that includes this song below.




This song made me think of so many different situations. What are you waiting for? A new job? A new house? To finish school? A baby to make his or her appearance? Your "special someone" that you can spend the rest of your life with? Healing from your pain? Secruity? Financial peace? Good news from the test results from the doctor? To hear from someone you love? For God's direction? To see a family member turn to Jesus? For Jesus' return?

Each of us are waiting for something. We wait for things all the time. Maybe right now you aren't waiting on any big, life changing answers, but I'm sure you have to wait for little things on a daily basis....waiting in lines, waiting at stop lights, waiting on elevators, waiting on children, waiting on a phone call, waiting on meals, waiting for an appointment, waiting.....waiting......waiting.

The question is what are you doing while you're waiting? Are you so worried during the waiting that you aren't enjoying life? Are you caught up in all the things that need to be done before the event that once it happens you feel drained and don't even enjoy something you've put so much time and effort into making just right? Do you feel like you're life is too busy to wait, that you don't have time to wait for anyone or anything?

This song reminds us how to act as we wait. For the big things we need to remember His timing is very rarely our timing. For the daily tasks we need to pray for patience in waiting that we have a good attitude while we wait. While we wait we need to be confident He is working and He is answering our prayers. We need to continue serving Him and giving Him our all. It is hard in our natural selves to wait and we must rely on Him for His help and peace during those times as we continue to serve, love, and worship Him as we wait.

I hope this song blesses you today! I have been excited to share it here because it blessed my heart tremendously. Have a wonderful day!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD." Psalm 27:13, 14

Today's prayer for the election:
Pray for the Republican party, its members, its leadership, and its candidates

5 comments:

LauraLee Shaw said...

I LOVE that song. One of my new favs. and you're right, what a powerful and practical message it holds for all of us! Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

This is really good. I had not heard the song before. It seems like I have been waiting for something a good part of my life. And I'm not good at waiting. This is a really good reminder to wait on the Lord. Thank you for sharing it.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Debbie Petras said...

I really enjoyed watching that video clip from the movie. The words to the song were powerful. I will serve you while I' waiting. I will worship while I'm waiting.

I'm waiting for several things right now. But I must trust the Lord's timing and not mine. In the meantime, as I'm waiting I will choose to worship and to serve Him in faith.

Thanks for sharing.

Debra Kaye said...

Bethany,

I think one of the hardest things to do is wait ~ but it is also one of the most rewarding!

This is a great song! Thank you for sharing it with us.

sister sheri said...

Great post! We truly need to be reminded over and over again that it is in the waiting that we need to be diligent in pressing in close to the Lord.

I've been enjoying this CD for about a year now. I am so glad to see that others are being ministered to by the words that have come out of someone's depths of soul.