Monday, October 27, 2008

Talents

Talent does not mean that you have to be an artist who paints masterpieces, or a gymnast who does flips. Talent resides within you right now, in many different ways.

Caring for others is a talent, teaching is a talent, making people feel welcome is a talent, solving problems is a talent and parenting is a talent.

Never underestimate your talents and try not to compare or wish for the talents of others. Focus on and accept the talents you have, and you will find great fulfillment in life.

(Author Unknown)
---------

I received the above in an email last week. It blessed me to read it and I wanted to share it with you. I do not know the author and the person who sent it did not know either. I thought it was good though and worth sharing this reminder.

Consider how much happier you'd be if you used your talents right here right now instead of trying to be someone you aren't with talents you don't really have. God has a purpose for the talents He gave to you. He put you in the place you are today for a reason. No one else can take your place. Seek Him and see how He wants you to use those talents. You will be blessed and you'll bless the lives of others.

~~~~~~~~~~~
"The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body. So it is with Christ." I Corinthians 12:12

Today's prayer for the election.....
Pray for the Democratic party, its members, its leadership, and its candidates.

4 comments:

Michele Williams said...

You are so right my friend. We need to use what we have right now...

Debra Kaye said...

Bethany,

This is such an important lesson. And once understood will make for a very happy countenance! :)

Blessings to you, my friend!

LauraLee Shaw said...

Wow, now that is an incredible reminder. I can't tell you how many women I meet that think they have nothing to offer the Savior. So glad to hear your message on this.

sister sheri said...

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. When I see other women being used by the Lord... somehow I think that has an effect on how the Lord uses me. Like, "Wow! God is really using her. I could never be used like that." Instead of praising the Lord for what He has done in her life... and what He is doing in mine.