Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Today for Thankful Thursday I'm doing something a little different. Normally I share five items of thanks from the previous week, including one each about something done by both my husband and son that made me thankful. Today I am sharing with you my list of things that I've recorded from each day this past week. For some time now I've been thinking about doing this for my Thankful Thursday and this week I finally did it! I knew I had to write down specifics or I'd forget what I wanted to remember!

Thursday--a stay home day wearing my comfy "lounge pants" I got at a garage sale for a quarter. I was thankful for the cooler weather to wear them and that I had found them for only a quarter!

Friday--getting a treat from the lady at the post office. Our postal clerk had a special treat can made for Caleb. It made me thankful to live in a small town where the people know each other and care.

Saturday--taking Caleb to the pumpkin patch and a fall festival. He had fun romping through the pumpkins and showing us which ones he could pick up! I'm thankful for the friend who invited us to the festival and the fun time we had.

Sunday--Our small groups started. I'm thankful for this new ministry our church has started and look forward to getting to know some new people. My second one for Sunday is finding my diamond!!!!! In class Sunday morning for some reason I looked at my hand. I don't know if I felt my ring or felt it snag or what exactly. But I looked down and one of the diamonds was missing from my ring! It is a ring I received from my parents for my high school graduation. It is a flower shape and each petal is a tiny diamond. It is a beautiful ring, and I have always received compliments on it. I immediately wondered how long it had been like that, and I hadn't noticed. I looked at my feet and saw something shiny. My husband picked it up, and sure enough, it was the diamond! I couldn't believe it! I showed Caleb after class. He asked if I could sew it back in. I told him I didn't think I could sew a ring! I'm thankful to have found it.

Monday--laughing. Caleb and I had a fun day and laughed a lot. I'm thankful for how good it felt good to laugh together. Also, my second one from Monday...receiving my Kingdom Assignment. I'm really looking forward to this! Go visit Lynn @ Spiritually Unequal Marriage if you want to know more! I'm thankful for this "assignment." And my third one....I was on the computer Monday evening and heard my husband and son come inside and heard whispering. I couldn't figure out what they were doing. Then Caleb came in and said, "close your eyes, surprise!" They had cut two roses off my bush for me. My husband said he thought they'd cut them before the weather got too cold for them and they died. They are so beautiful and smell so good! Caleb got scissors and cut a couple leaves off the ivy to stick in to make it look like an arrangement too. I'm thankful for little surprises like that to make me smile!

Tuesday--saving money. It was our grocery day. They had apples, juice, and cereal on sale. Caleb was laughing at me for buying three jugs of grape juice and four boxes of shredded wheat! Also the price of gas has dropped. I'm thankful for these savings.

Wednesday--going to the park. A friend from church invited us to the park after story time today with another friend. I am thankful for the fun time in the sunshine. My second thing was to receive an email of an answer to prayer regarding a missing student of Natalie's sister-in-law. The student was found safe. I am thankful God hears our prayers.

This was a wonderful thing for me to do because I was looking for specific things in my day that caused me to be thankful. I challenge you to try it sometime. We thank God in our prayers, but actually stopping to write down specific things each day has been a wonderful "experiment" for me.

Thank you for stopping and leaving a comment. I enjoy reading all the different Thankful Thursday posts each week and am thankful to Iris for hosting this for us each week.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I am the LORD, and there is no other; apart from me there is no God. I will strengthen you, though you have not acknowledged me, so that from the rising of the sun to the place of its setting men may know there is none besides me. I am the LORD, and there is no other.
I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things." Isaiah 45:5-7

Today's prayer for the election:

Pray for Vice Presidential candidate Sarah Palin and her family

24 comments:

Cheryl said...

Being thankful for something each day is wonderful! Great Post! Happy Thankful Thursday~~

Denise said...

This was very nice sweetie, bless you.

God Chaser said...

A great list how God bless in each ordinary day. Have a wonderful TT and thanks for the challenge

Unknown said...

BP, This is absolutely the neatest way to share your thanks. A day-by-day call out. I am inspired and girl, thank you for mentioning the Kingdom Assignment.

I am praying you are filled with the Holy Spirit and experience God and his provision in a fantastic and new way. Thanks for the heads up about receiving the envelope. Love you. Hugs

Jennifer said...

What a beautiful post today for Thankful Thursday! Oh, how I move through so many days and forget to stop and be thankful for the small things.

Thank you for a wonderful reminder...to stop, look, listen, watch and be thankful because if we look hard enough...everything has a silver lining...somewhere.

Happy TT!!!

Marsha said...

I love the way you did your list today! You were indeed blessed to find your diamond. Wow!

Have a blessed weekend.

Anonymous said...

having to thank God for something each day is really a good habit. God bless your grateful heart. ♥

Pamela said...

I like this idea. I may have to borrow it.
have a blessed day.

Grammy said...

i AM SO GLAD YOU HAVE A LIST PER DAY OF THING TO BE THANKFUL FOR. i NEED TO DO THIS EVERY DAY TO.
GRAMMY

Debra Kaye said...

Bethany,

What a beautiful TT post! Blessings to you and your beautiful family!

Aisling said...

What a good idea, Love it!

Anonymous said...

I love this idea of sharing something from each day! What a great reminder that there is something in each day for which to be thankful!

Laurie Ann said...

What a great list of blessings! I love finding the joy in the little things and the big. Amazing is our God!

Anonymous said...

Oh this are very good thankful list thanks for sharing....

Mary said...

Awesome list! Everyday a thankful heart. That is so good. I love that your little guy brought you flowers. What a great joy. I like "fall outfit" for your blog. Very cute. Blessings.

Beth K. Vogt said...

I so, so enjoyed you post! It was like peeking in on your past week. I smiled reading about the pumpkin patch and finding your diamond and getting roses from your husband and son!
Beth@TheAccidentalPharisee

Val R said...

Loved your Thankful Post! What wonderful things to be thankful for...

Natalie said...

There is so much to be thankful for! Answered prayers and yes...even lounge pants! Having a safe,secure place to lay our heads is a prilvilage!

Bonnie said...

First a blessing book and now specifics from our day. I'm feeling very convicted today but in the best way. Thank you for your post!!! I love how God surprises us, too - I am so glad you found your diamond and can get your ring fixed! Blessings

Susan said...

Wow, what a great idea!! Enjoyed this today.

Blessings to you♥

Cheryl said...

Taking one day at a time to be thankful for something is a great idea! Happy Thankful Thursday~~

Debbie Petras said...

What a great idea! Maybe this will be the start of something new. Instead of choosing to focus on having a thankful Thursday, we can get into the habit of being thankful every day! I loved how you recorded something for each day.

Anonymous said...

These were wonderful things to be thankful for... I am so glad you took the time to do this and inspire others! Thank you.

Many blessings-
Amanda

eph2810 said...

I think that is so neat that you stopped and wrote down all the daily blessings...I think I will do that for next week :) - very cool idea.

Oh, I so enjoy for the weather to be cooler - PTL! I am so done with 100F+ temperatures for this year - lol...

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us.

Be blessed today and always...