Monday, May 24, 2021

Review: Emily Lex watercolor products + classes


Have you ever wanted to try something new but not really know where to start?  I have wanted to try watercolors for a while now.  When I saw the opportunity to review this set, I was so excited to give it a try! 

Emily Lex is an artist who shares her talents through her website.  She offers classes to teach you something new from the comfort of your home and at your own pace.  

The classes offered include Simplified Watercolor, Watercolor for Kids, and Simplified Penmanship. 




I like how the classes are divided into segments.  I didn't have to sit down and watch a long 2 hour class.  I could do it in shorter time frames and watch as many as I wanted at a time. 


The penmanship class was fun.  She begins with techniques and tips to help you before you start.  She has some pages you can print out to practice lines, loops, etc.  

Here is a sample of one of the books called animals.  I like that she has included a sample and then a sketch on the opposite page as well as step by step directions to paint it yourself.  


Another really beautiful item I received was these cards.  They are called "Truth for Today."  There is also a little gold stand to put these in and place on a counter, etc.  

There is also a version called Truth for Today for kids.  What a great way for kids to learn God's word.


The boys and I did some of the lessons in the "watercolors for kids" class.  My older son did a mountain scene. My younger son and I did the "starburst."   It was a nice activity to do together.  We learned about the supplies needed which included the type of brushes and paper that work best.  Another clip was about mixing colors and how to make them darker or lighter.  



I feel excited to try more watercolors from the information in these classes.  I've never considered myself an artist; however, it was fun and relaxing to make a watercolor picture.  

Go to website to learn more about Emily Lex.  Don't forget to click here for the giveaway

I received a set in the mail as well as online classes from FrontGate Media for my honest review.  Thank you.

  #EmilyLex #Watercolors #WatercolorClass #MayFlowers #favoritethings #emilylexstudio

 

Have a day of blessings!
 Bethany

No comments: