Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Wednesday Hodgepodge




1. What's one part of your everyday routine you'd be better off without? 
I’ve had to think on this one.  One thing that comes to mind is not having a set bed time for myself every night. I know it would be better if I did and was consistent. 

2. October 5th is/was National Do Something Nice Day. So what did you/will you do? 
Well I’m not sure about something specific on the 5th.  But this morning I did not have a good plan for breakfast for the boys and Caleb had to go do weights at 7. I went and got him a burrito and met him after he was done lifting and before I took Titus to school. He probably would have been okay without it, but I didn’t want him to be hungry since I didn’t have the bets breakfast prepared for him! 

3. What question do you hate to answer? 
The question “how are you doing?” bugs me because some people are just saying it to make light conversation. Some really want to know. I don’t like when I start answering how I’m really doing and realize the person isn’t listening. That bugs me a lot. Do you want to know the truth or are you just asking to make conversation?  I don’t like saying “fine” if I’m really not fine either.  

4. Do we have control over technology or does it have control over us. In that same vein, have you watched The Social Dilemma (available on Netflix) and if so what did you think? 
I believe technology has a lot of control over us all in some way or another. We rely so much on it in so many aspects of daily life that when it doesn’t work we can feel lost. I know some people who take breaks from social media and that can be helpful I’ve found. I make Wednesday and Sundays my days not to be on there. Does it happen every week? No. But that is my aim and plan.  

I have not watched or even heard of The Social Dilemma. I did watch the trailer and now I’m intrigued. I would like to watch it with my son and husband.  

5. What are three small things that make your day better? 
A. I pray with both boys individually before they go to school and they pray too. Then my husband and I pray for each other as well before he “goes” to work (he’s still working from home). 

B. When my husband makes the bed. After I had Titus he got in the habit of making our bed each morning. It is such a simple thing, but in that time with newborn when nothing else was really consistent, his making the bed was and it just blessed me. 

C. Having alone time to read a book in car line. 


6. Insert your own random thought here.
My boys made it through the first six weeks of school being able to be in person. We are thankful for that.  Both are doing great!  We are proud of the, both. 


Have a day of blessings! 
 Bethany

1 comment:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

We are pretty consistent with our bedtime. I think it helps and no TV in the bedroom. Well I'm sure the burrito was good. Same question I don't like to be asked. Mark's been making our bed because I get up before him and I like that.