Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. The Hodgepodge lands on the second day of a brand new month. Tell us one thing you're looking forward to in September.  I always look forward to entering baked goods at the West Texas Fair in the creative arts division.  It is fun to try new recipes for it.  I entered some art projects of my husband and sons too.  Other things I'm looking forward to this month:  Friday night football, my niece's birthday, children's consignment sale.

2. Do you enjoy browsing second-hand shops? Last thing you bought or 'inherited' second hand?
Yes!  I love going to second-hand shops.  I make sure to return to the consignment store in the city where we used to live any time I am in town.  Last time I found quite a few "treasures" including a nice shirt for hubby, a pair of jeans for Caleb, various clothes for Titus and note cards to mail for myself. I always look to see if I can find cheap note cards because I send out a lot.  

3. Something you had second thoughts about after committing to, purchasing, or posting/commenting  online? 
If I post something that I know is controversial, I wonder if I should have posted it when someone comments negatively.  But I figure I know what I believe about certain issues and they aren't going to change my mind by trying to start an argument so I leave it and don't get into an argument.  

4. What's a product or service you use that you'd rate as second to none? Well I really love my Walmart pick up.  I still go to our local smaller grocery store but I just love the convenience of submitting my order and having them load it into my van.  It's been really nice to not have to go into the store during the pandemic as well.

5. Something you do so often or that comes so naturally to you it's second nature?
I would say my Bible reading.  I have a time to do this each day, that time has changed through different seasons.  But this is something I do pretty much every day, whatever we are doing or wherever we are.  

6. Insert your own random thought here.
I always like the flip the calendar to a new month.  I am thankful my boys are getting to go to school in person.  It almost feels like I'm holding my breath, wondering if the cases here will rise once fall/winter come and we will be shut down again.  Thankfully we are staying healthy.

Have a day of blessings!
   Bethany

10 comments:

Willow said...

I hope the schools can remain open. I know my grandchildren who are able to attend classes are loving it, again. Maybe they are learning to appreciate their education.
Is your fair going to be open? The fair in our county in So Cal was cancelled. (I am still having to adjust my mind to 'our county' since I moved last month!)

Mevely317 said...

The West Texas Fair? Oh my word, Bethany, do you live in Abilene? I moved there in '68 to attend McMurry and stayed until 1988. Gotta say, those were the best years of my life. Lots of water's gone under that proverbial bridge, but I miss it almost every day. Nice to meet you ... hope to 'see' you here next week!
Myra (aka, Mevely317)

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Oh, I love to bake but have never entered anything in our local fair. Perhaps I should think about that. My baking is nothing fancy, but really good. Not sure our area will be having high school football. It's ridiculous, in my opinion. :o))

Joyce said...

There's a lot of intimidation/name calling/judgement online, but I think it's important for people of faith to speak up too. It's nice to hear there's football where you live. We're in Clemson country and they're going to play. It's going to be different for the fans, but we're moving forward, even if it's baby steps, and I think that's a good thing.

Susan said...

Hi Bethany, I like your background! Public schools are closed over here and they have opened up some private schools. My older two grands are doing virtual learning and the district issued laptops. The younger two go to Christian school.I answered Bible reading too for #5. Enjoy the rest of the week!

ellen b. said...

That's great that your boys get to start in person school. Can't say enough about the importance of reading and studying God's Word. Happy September to you!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That sounds exciting. I've never entered a contest like that. I know I generally don't respond to negative comments. It's just easier that way. We do pick up from one grocery store and get delivery from another one. I enjoy flipping the calendar but only because it's usually nice and clean looking. I don't like how quickly the year is going by.

songbird's crazy world said...

My boyfriend is a teacher, and he's trying to figure out how he's going to handle a program that is half in-school attendance and half distance learning. He and his coworkers are taking bets on when they will have to return to full remote learning...

annies home said...

so right with you my answer to this is praying as I pray about all things good, bad and other wise
come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

Nonnie said...

Good for you on numbers 3 and 5!! Especially 5! That is the most important part of the day for me.