Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. How will you celebrate Easter this year?
Well Sunday is my boy‘s 5th birthday so we will be celebrating him.  As far as Easter, I used to do Easter baskets and changed that in recent years to a scavenger hunt before Easter so our Sunday was focused on Jesus.  We usually do an egg hunt with church friends, but since that can’t happen a couple from the church are having a “drive thru” egg hunt to give the kids treats.  The Bible storybook we read at night is to the week of Jesus’ crucifixion. I love that I didn’t plan that to be this week, it’s just where we are in our reading.  We will watch our service online Sunday morning.

2. Is it easier for you to receive grace offered or extend grace to another? Explain. It probably depends on the situation. Reading this question caused a lot of questions to come to my mind actually!  I feel I usually feel appreciative of the grace offered and sometimes feel I shouldn't  accept it.


3. Do you say grace before meals? If so do you have a standard dinnertime grace or is it more 'off the cuff' ? Do you say grace when dining out? Do you have a favorite grace? Any special memory associated with 'saying grace'? Yes, we most always do.  We take turns for who says it.  We usually say a prayer when we are eating out.  We don't have a favorite one, I said "God is great" when I was little.  We always prayed before eating in my family.  I always like to hear my father in law pray before meals, especially at holidays.  


4. What are some challenges you think the next generation will face? (Generation Alpha-born between 2011 and 2025) They may not be good at waiting because they’ve never had to wait for things in their life.  They haven’t had a time without being able to order something online and it show up at their door in a day or two.  They have constant access to information and have never had to do research in the same way other generations have in a library with books.  


5. Share a favorite quote or lyric featuring the word faith.



We walk by faith and not by sight we know it’s true
We say it and sing it and love the way it sounds
But none of us can even begin to truly understand
What it really means ‘til all the lights go out

The song "Take Another Step" by Steven Curtis Chapman meant so much to me back in 2013 following my miscarriage.  Lyrics here.  

This line always meant a lot to me because the Bible verse 2 Corinthians 5:7 had been showing up over and over to me and then I heard it in this song when we saw him in concert.  

6.  Insert your own random thought here.

My irises in bloom make me smile!  And purple is my favorite color.


Have a day of blessings!

Bethany 

4 comments:

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Your iris' are so pretty! You can have a bouquet for Easter. May you Easter be blessed!

ellen b. said...

Things are blooming quicker in your neck of the woods than mine. A very Happy Easter to you and yours!

Susan said...

Happy Birthday to your son! My grandson is 5 and his birthday is next week. We are going to drive over and sing Happy Birthday! Your flower is very pretty!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Happy Birthday Titus! I like your quote. Your iris is beautiful. Hope you had a blessed Easter Sunday.