Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. Has spring sprung in your part of the world? How can you tell? Did March come in like a lion where you live? Going out like a lamb or something more ferocious?
Yes I believe "Spring has sprung."  It makes me smile to see the robins around the yard and seeing the irises starting to bloom.  I love when the bluebonnets come out alongside our Texas highways.  March left like a lamb.  I sat on our deck and enjoyed the sun and solitude with the chirping birds.  The temp was perfect. (I don't really remember what it was like at the beginning of the month!)

2. The last thing that caused you to spring to your feet? The first thing that came to mind was when I had just sat down on the couch and Titus asked me to come help him hold the lid for the crock pot because he wanted to stir it.  :)  So I jumped up to do that.

3. Do you have a spring clean to-do list? What's one chore on the list you've already managed to accomplish? What spring clean chore do you most dread?
I did make a list of things to do while we are all at home.  Caleb helps with things in the yard and in the house so that is nice and helpful.  He cleaned out the freezers and helped me organize them, throw out stuff that was too old and sort it all.  The one "chore" I want to get done the most is to fix our bedroom.  We have wanted to redo it for some time.  I guess I dread getting the garage and shed cleaned out but know it needs to be done!  I want to get rid of stuff.  

4. Tell us something you've learned about yourself or the wider world as a result of social distancing/the virus crisis.I miss our regular routine and the conveniences.  I realize I have taken it for granted that the store will have sugar, eggs, toilet paper.  I've realized that even being able to go to the grocery store when I want is not a convenience that much of the world even has.  
5. Something you love that's the color pink?Starbursts!

6. Insert your own random thought here.


We are counting down the days until Titus' 5th birthday.  He helped me make a countdown chain this morning.  He will be 5 on April 12.  We watched the birthday video I made for Caleb's 5th birthday which made me cry.  Oh the memories!  And how fast it has gone since he was my 5 year old! (He will be 16 in August.)

Have a day of blessings!

4 comments:

Nathalie said...

Your answer for the lessons you've learned hit home with me. I've been thinking about this for days now - how the people who went through WW2 and the Depression must have felt so similarly. I think this will help us in the long run. I doubt that we will be as wasteful as we once were. I think that will be one of the biggest lessons for all of us. Have a great day!

Debi said...

How exciting fifth birthdays are... and sixteen is pretty big too! I feel the same way about routine and conveniences. It's weird not to be able to just run to the grocery when you need something. Stay safe and well.

songbird's crazy world said...

I'm sure Titus is looking forward to the celebration. Enjoy.

Sally said...

Birthday celebrations are certainly different this year. I'm sure you'll have a great time.