Friday, July 26, 2013

What Happens When Women Say Yes to God


I have finished listening to What Happens When Women Say Yes to God by Lysa TerKeurst. 

About this book:
Total obedience to Christ can transform an ordinary life into a remarkable journey. This is the hope found in the liberating message of Lysa TerKeurst--president of Proverbs 31 Ministries.

In What Happens When Women Say Yes to God, Lysa shares inspiring stories from her own life along with compelling biblical insights as she describes what it means to partner with God in all decisions and actions.
My thoughts:I am familiar with the author because of Proverbs 31 Ministries and also I have read some of her other books.  I enjoyed the message of this book and appreciated the examples shared from her own life of how God has blessed her for her obedience to Him.  I liked that she included examples of times when she did and other times when she did not obey.  She has a good message in this book to encourage women to radical obedience to God. 

I did not give this more stars because of the narrator I guess.  Several times I wondered if her tone and inflection was giving the message that the author intended.  It just felt like she was bragging or had an attitude or something in some parts regarding what she had done, the choices she had made, or the blessings she received.  I don't know if I would have felt that way if it had been read by the author or I had read the book version myself; however, at times I felt this voice distracted from the author's true intent and message.      

Thank you to christianaudio Reviewers Program for providing this audio book for my review.

Have a day of blessings!

No comments: