Friday, June 14, 2013

Healing after a miscarriage #2

This is the second in a series of posts on parts of my healing through the grief of miscarriage.  I am writing these as my heart is healing through the pain.  Today I would have been to 20 weeks.  Post 1 can be seen here

On Friday, April 26 I was scheduled to have an ultrasound to look at our baby for the first time. I had asked my aunt to cancel this appointment earlier in the week after finding out the previous Friday I was having a miscarriage.  So on this Friday I was feeling down thinking how I would have loved to be at the office seeing our baby and wondering why this was happening to us again.  I went to check the mail and had a box in the mail box.  It was from my cousin.  Enclosed was a card with a wonderfully touching message.  Then my cousin had written something that has stuck with me every day since....

Just a reminder to keep doing the things you love to do.

Along with the card she had put in a package of pens and several boxes of note cards.  She knows I love to send cards and how much I love colorful pens. 

This has been a part of my healing as I have realized how important it is for me to continue doing things I love even though my heart has been hurting.  Taking each day a step at a time has helped me see that I can still enjoy the things I like to do and that it is important to do them and not just stay home and do nothing (which is what I felt like doing the first few weeks). 

I truly believe it has helped me in my grief process to remember this every single day, and I'm thankful for my cousin for this sweet reminder. 

Have a day of blessings!

1 comment:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That was such good advice your cousin gave you. I'm so glad you helped you.
((HUGS))