Thursday, April 18, 2013

Thankful Thursday


What a week this has been for our country and our own state of Texas.  We were shocked and saddened to hear of the explosion at the fertilizer plant in West, Texas.  That is where my husband grew up, and we lived for a year after college.  His family is still in the area; they are safe.  We have read of friends though who lost their homes and cars and the Mom was in surgery last night on her foot.  Pray for all those involved in the community.  My heart is sad for them this morning as they now have the sunlight to see the devastation of their town.

Today I am thankful for...
~ having the amazing support of my husband.  He does so much for us, and I am so blessed by him everyday.

~ getting library books for my boy and how much he looks forward to seeing what I have for him in the library bag!

~ friends who will pray for me.  I feel so blessed and encouraged to have people praying for me.

~ rain here again last night.

~ learning to trust God and all He has and His timing.  It is so hard sometime and such a time of learning and growth.

Have a day of blessings!

3 comments:

annies home said...

love it so glad that you have a strong family
our little ones love books as well whenever we are out at flea markets yard sales etc... we try to find them books

come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

Chatty Crone said...

It is sure good to have family at times like these. sandie

Karen said...

Bethany, Praying with you for the people of West. What a terrible tragedy. God bless you.