Thursday, May 31, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Summer vacation is here for us!  Our boy got out of school yesterday at 12:30.  He came home to this sign on the garage door.  I had made him one last year and thought I'd do another this year.  I was glad I did because he asked if there was a surprise when we were pulling into the drive.  :)

Today I am thankful for...
~ my wonderful husband of 11 years.  Saturday is our anniversary.  I just love him so much! 

~ my sweet boy and the excitement he has for the things we have planned for summer.  He is excited for me to teach him cursive.  They started learning letters in school but did not do all of them so we already started that today.

~ our fun camping trip last weekend with my husband's side of the family.  We were there with his parents, brother and wife and their 2 year old girl, and his other brother.  We made many fun memories there and enjoyed our time.  Caleb enjoyed fishing in the boat with his Dad, uncles, and Pawpaw.  We had good food too, including s'mores.  Caleb got teary when we had to leave.  He wanted to stay and fish some more. 


~ being able to help at field day this week.  I helped at the snow cone stand in the morning.  Then Caleb's class came and we had lunch and then I went to watch him participate in the various events.  It was a busy, fun day! 
Have a day of blessings!

1 comment:

Kate @ Teaching What Is Good said...

What a sweet sign!! Ooh, and I love camping, we just don't get to do it very often because various children have so many various commitments these days.

Coming over (again) from Thankful Thursday.