Saturday, June 2, 2012

Eleven years

Eleven years ago I married my best friend.
I never understood what people meant when they would say how much more they loved their spouse now than on their wedding day.
Now I do. Our love is an amazing thing and I'm so blessed.
I pray daily for my husband using the topics in Stormie Omartian's book The Power of a Praying Wife. Lately though I've been reminded to pray more for marriage as it seems marriage is under fierce attack from many different angles. As I've seen the attack of the enemy in three marriages in particular in recent months, I have been reminded just how special marriage is and how much the enemy wants to destroy it. This year on our anniversary I am committing to pray more for my husband and our marriage as well as marriage in general.

Marriage needs to be valued, honored, treasured, and cherished. I think too often it is not.   Our society puts less and less value on marriage, and this troubles me on so many levels because marriage is something I hold so dear. 

Today I am thankful for my sweet husband and our marriage.  He is such a blessing to me.  It is hard to believe we've been married for 11 years already.  I love thinking about our wedding day and the special people that shared that special day with us. 

   A cord of three strands is not quickly broken. Ecclesiastes 4:12

Have a day of blessings!

No comments: