Thursday, December 31, 2020

NYE Thankful Thursday


I started making a list in my head of all the bad/hard/difficult/sad/painful that has happened over the last 12 months both for me personally and those I love.  Then I stopped myself. I don’t need to focus on all that.

I find it fitting that the last day of this year we will never forget is Thankful Thursday. Thankful may not be the first word that comes to mind when you think of 2020.  Gratitude can be life changing.  I am in no way making light of the “hard” this year has been for so many.  Being thankful doesn’t take away the hard, but it is helpful to have a change in perspective.

I have enjoyed posting the Thankful Thursday each week and have been encouraged by those who continue to share week after week, even when things are not easy. 

This week I am thankful for...

~ that my husband took off work this week.  We've had a nice week at home.

~ laughter of my big boy.  

~ my little guy enjoying his time at home from school and his time with his big brother and Daddy!

~ that I am feeling well and did not have any bad sickness associated with Covid.  

~ watching shows on Netflix with my guys that we don't normally watch.  We've been watching "Sugar Rush" the Christmas edition, it's been fun to see!

~ getting to have Christmas at my Mom's, even though it was postponed.  She gave me her sewing machine for my quilting.  I'm so excited and have tried it out.  Lots to learn but it is fun to have it!

Have a day of blessings!

 Bethany

No comments: