Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1.  What advice would you give yourself as we begin this new year? 
God is in control. The world is in confusion and chaos on so many levels. Be calm and trust God.

2. If you could throw a themed party for yourself what would the theme be? 

Crayolas!  I have always loved to color,  it is very relaxing to me. I saw a Crayon cake on Pinterest years ago and thought it would be fun to have a crayon party.  

I love doing themed parties for the boys.  Caleb is past the age of picking a theme, but he does humor me and let me have a party theme for him! 

3. Tell us where you were and something about what life was like when you were 20- 21.
I was in college.  The year was 1999.  I had met my husband then and we were dating.  

4. What's on the menu at your house this week? 

I need to get back to the habit of doing our weekly meal plan.  I typically do really good at this at the beginning of the school year.  We picked up pizza Monday night and had tamales and chili our neighbor gave us on Tuesday night.  We picked up the deer meat from the processor this weekend so that is one thing I want to use in a meal. Not sure what it will be.

5. What should you do more of this year? Less of? 
I should do MORE decluttering and getting rid of stuff!  This is my goal every year.  It seems I may progress in different areas throughout the year....but there is always more.  

I should definitely spend LESS time worrying!  I know it does no good and it wastes my time.  I often think the worse.  

Others I thought of.....more time reading, less time on social media, more time outside, more time playing with the boys, less complaining. 

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

My boys went back to school today. Praying they have a great semester and can continue to attend school in person.  We sure did enjoy our break together! 

Have a day of blessings! 
 Bethany

4 comments:

Mary said...

A crayon party sounds like such fun!!!!
Wise words for #1.

Willow said...

Three of my grandkids are back in school. Fourth one is still at home (but four people in her household have covid).
Oh I hear you on worrying less! Trust God!
A crayola party sounds like it would be lots of fun.
Have a healthy happy week!

ellen b. said...

I've never thought of a crayon party but that would be fun! Yes and amen we need to trust God! Hope all goes well for your kids in school.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Love your answer for #1. Sounds like a fun party. I have seen several people who meet their husbands around that age. Declutting is always high on my list and something I never do! I would love to stop worrying. Hope the boys have a great semester.