Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. It's the 11th day of the 11th month and bloggers often make lists on days like today. Let's go with a list of eleven things you're feeling grateful for today.
 
my husband and our day together since he was off, learning new things from the Bible, ladies Bible class, watching my big boy play football this year, that the boys have gotten to have "in person" learning for two six weeks, fall colors, audio books, smell of rolls baking, my little guy able to hear better, mail, quilting projects and new ideas to try.

2. What's something you decided to do or act on at the '11th hour'?
Well today I suppose answering these questions would count.  

3.  Apparently the Kentucky Fried Chicken recipe contains 11 herbs and spices. What's a dish you make that calls for exactly eleven ingredients? Feel free to share the list and/or recipe. 
Two recipes came to mind.  One is broccoli salad that I often make for Thanksgiving.  I didn't want to go find the recipe at this point!  The other is chicken salad.  I love making this.  I think it has 10 ingredients on the list but add some crackers or bread to put it on and that's 11, right!? 
This is the link to this recipe.

4. Something you remember about your 11-year old self? 
Nothing specific really.  I remember for some reason thinking that year was a good year.  I have no idea why but I've always associated 11 with a good age for me!  

5. The 11th of November is Veterans Day in the US of A. This is a day to honor those who have served their country in war or peace-dead or alive-although according to the government's website it's largely intended to thank living veterans for their sacrifices. 

Memorial Day is when we honor military personnel who died in service to their country. 

Share a thought relating to Veterans Day or tell us something about a Veteran you know-love-admire. 
My Peepaw was a Veteran who served in the Korean War.  
I appreciate that our school district in the past has had a school wide assembly in honor of Veterans.  They get all the Veterans from the district and any from the community who want to come and then bus over all the students and have a program.  Children from each campus participate.  They did not do this the past couple of years and of course not this year.  They did however have a video made in honor of our Veterans which was nice.

6. Insert your own random thought here.
My husband was off today due to it being a federal holiday.  We went to look for a new dish washer and disposal.  Both went out in the past week.  


Have a day of blessings! 
 Bethany

3 comments:

Willow said...

I could have added several of your blessings to my list like ladies Bible study and Bible studies.
My son was featured in his daughter's school wide slide show. It was fun to see his photo.

ellen b. said...

Whoa! Two appliances down in one week. Glad hubby had Veterans Day off. Enjoyed reading your eleven. Maybe I should bake some rolls so we can enjoy that wonderful aroma!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Love your 11 things to be thankful for. Thanks for the salad recipe. Thank you to your PeePaw for his service. Glad your husband was off. It's never good when appliances go out!