Thursday, November 12, 2020

A to Z Bible Verse Challenge Week #9 and #10

Last week I missed so I'm doing two letters this week!



This week for the Truth from A to Z challenge over at The Happy Wonderer we have letter I. 

For letter I my word is "integrity."  I looked up the definition and it is
the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness.

Integrity was the first word that popped to mind when I thought "what word starts with I?" Integrity is not something we are seeing a lot of in our society it seems to me.  I remember always hearing the saying "Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching." (C.S. Lewis)

Here is a Bible verse from Proverbs about integrity:

Whoever walks in integrity walks securely, but whoever takes crooked paths will be found out." Proverbs 18:9

Do you consider yourself a person of integrity?  Would those around you think of you when they think of integrity?


-------
And now for letter J....
Well for J the first word that comes to mind is Jesus!  That's a good answer, right?  I thought I'd see what other J words I could find in the Bible as well.

Another one that is common is "joy".

This is one of my favorite verses with "joy" in it.  

"The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy." Psalm 126:3

This is the verse I associate with my Titus.  We had a miscarriage after a surprise pregnancy in 2013.  That was a hard year after the loss of two grandparents at the beginning of a year.  Then we had a miscarriage in April.  It was a while before we had Titus, but I know God's timing and plan was perfect.  Titus is a blessing to our family and is so joyful!  



Have a day of blessings! 
 Bethany

1 comment:

ellen b. said...

Wonderful choices for I and J Bethany! It is so hard to lose a precious baby. May God continue to comfort you. Glad Titus fills you with the Joy of the Lord. Now I'll scroll down and read your hodgepodge.