Friday, November 13, 2020

Book: Nothing Short of Wondrous


About the book:

It is 1886, and the government has given the US Cavalry control of Yellowstone. For widowed hotelier Kate Tremaine, the change is a welcome one. She knows every inch of her wilderness home like the back of her hand and wants to see it protected from poachers and vandals.

Refused a guide by Congress, Lieutenant William Prescott must enlist Kate's aid to help him navigate the sprawling park and track down the troublemakers. But a secret from his past makes him wary of the tender feelings the capable and comely widow raises in him. As they work together to protect the park and stand firm through injustice and tragedy, they may just find that two wounded hearts can share one powerful love when God is in control.

My thoughts:
I am a big fan of historical fiction and this is a new author for me.  I first off was drawn to the cover of the book.  The location (Yellowstone) also intrigued me.  Reading this book made me want to plan a trip to visit Yellowstone myself.  (I even made a Pinterest board to plan a trip!)

I really liked the descriptions of the nature of Yellowstone. Even though I had never been there I could imagine the beauty of it.  I also liked Scott's characters and how they interact with each other.  

This is a sweet story about Kate Tremaine who is a widow running a hotel in Yellowstone.  She wants her home and the beautiful Yellowstone to be protected.  There are several examples of poachers and vandals who try to cause harm through the book.  Kate forms a friendship with Will Prescott as she helps him learn about the park and find those causing trouble.  Kate's young son Danny looks up to Will and the two form a bond.  Kate's concern is that she will be able to keep her lease from the government to continue running the hotel.  She doesn't know where she will go if she can't have her lease.

The story is somewhat predictable and was a slow start for me, but I enjoyed reading it. 

This is the second book in the series called American Wonders Collection. I have not read the first one but that did not interfere with my enjoyment of this book.

Here is the link to the author's site.

I received a copy of this book from Revell reviewer program for my honest review.

#NothingShortofWondrous #AmericanWondersCollection


Have a day of blessings! 
 Bethany

1 comment:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Thank you for your review.