Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1. In a single sentence tell us something about your 40's. If you haven't reached that milestone yet tell us (in a single sentence) something about whatever decade you're in now.


Since I turned 40 last year I haven't felt as different as I imaged I would.

2. Life begins at forty. Agree or disagree? Tell us why. And if not at forty, when?
I think we need to make the most of life whatever age we find ourselves.  I turned 40 last year.  I can look back and see how much I've changed in certain aspects compared to how I was in my 20s.  I see this in parenting often of how I do things differently with our youngest than I did with our oldest and wonder how much of that is due to the things I've learned along the way.  

3. Share a favorite book, song, or quote with a number featured in it somewhere. 



4. A picture's worth a thousand words, a stitch in time saves nine, back to square one, catch-22, on cloud nine, my two cents...pick a number phrase and tell us how it applies to your life currently. My two cents....Everyone has an opinion right now about this pandemic.  For me I find it is hard to know what or who to believe becasue the information keeps changing.  And when I go somewhere without my mask, I always feel like people who are wearing one are judging me.  Maybe they aren't.

5. Last time you drove more than 40 miles from home? More than 400 miles from home? Where were you going? Was it before or after this current season of social distancing?

The last time I drove more than 40 miles from home (well I technically didn't do the driving!) was when we went to the state park during spring break and to celebrate my husband's birthday at the end of that week.  Everything was just starting then, school was going to have a delayed return we thought.  Oh how things have changed! 

I'm thinking the last time we drove more than 400 miles from home was when we went to Tennessee in the summer of 2014. (DC was more recent but we flew!)

6. Insert your own random thought here.
This week would have been Caleb's last week of school.  I think Friday was going to be the official last day.  He didn't have new assignments assigned this week.  I have wondered how our summer days will look compared to the past couple of months. Not too different I suspect.  He already has his book to read for his summer project for English.  I have thought of some things I may get him to do too.   I did read that UIL may release some guidelines for athletes to begin working out again on campus soon. Caleb has missed that.  I have been proud of his dedication to keeping up with the home workouts that the coaches have sent out.

Have a day of blessings! 

Bethany

4 comments:

Wendy said...

I definitely think we change the way we respond to our younger children based on the experiences gained from the older ones. We also need to make the most of where we're at - time goes fast when you blink. Here in the UK schools have been closed for a while but they're now trying to see if they can open them for a short time before the summer break starts in July but many parents feel it's not safe to do that yet. I'm glad my kids are all grown now and their kids are too young for school. It's a hard time.

Wendy said...

Forgot to say I liked your quote!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I love your quote in #3. I did use some today to say thank you! Good point for #4 with your two cents. I don't know what to believe. True, "oh how things have changed!" I hope things go well for Caleb this summer.

Joyce said...

I do feel for these athletes. In our state so many things are open including water parks and amusement parks, but no baseball for the kids which feels less risky. Whew. It's all a lot isn't it? Hope you have a wonderful weekend!