Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1.  Question day this week lands on Cinco de Mayo. Are/were tacos on your Tuesday night menu? Hard shell, soft shell or just gimme all the tacos? Are you even a fan of Mexican food? Do you like your salsa mild, spicy, or somewhere in between? Margaritas-Frozen, on the rocks, or no thank you? Have you ever been to Mexico?

No tacos for us this week but we do have them quite regularly!  I like soft usually but sometimes I am in the mood for hard.  This made me think of a funny story with Titus.....before bed he likes to say opposites.  I said soft one time and he said crunchy.  It always makes me laugh because I think soft/hard but he's heard us order tacos on Taco Tuesday and say crunchy.

I LOVE Mexican food!  

I want mild salsa.  My husband teases me about how I dip my chips.  I'm looking forward to being back at a restaurant for chips and salsa.

I've never had a margarita and never been to Mexico.

2. What's something you may
do this month?We may get to go camping on Memorial Day weekend.  It has been a tradition to do with my husband's side of the family.  The place we go has been closed but did open up at the end of April.  We will see how things are by then.  

3. Tell us what's happening in your state or town as far as restaurants/salons/parks/beaches/businesses opening up. How do you feel about it? Are you out and about or hunkered down? Do you wear a mask?

This week our Governor opened back up salons as of May 8.  Last week restaurants got to open at 25% dining.  We do not have many cases in our county but the next city has increased 10-20 (or more) cases per day for the past several days.  Today they changed the count because they redid who was included in the count so it is a lower number.  

I saw overnight camping will open up again on May 18.  I'm excited about that because I'd like for us to be able to take our camper to the state park this summer since I don't know if we will have a vacation. 

I go to our local grocery store.  I see them wiping down the buggies, and I will get one if I see the boy wiping it.  I have not gone into big stores yet like WalMart.  I do pick up orders for our other groceries.

We are not dining out yet.  I do not know when we will do that.  We have picked up food.  

I wear a mask when I deliver the Meals on Wheels meals.  


4. Mother nature, everybody and their mother, mom jeans, like mother like daughter, soccer mom, mother hen, mother lode, necessity is the mother of invention, stay-at-home mom...pick one and tell us how it applies to your life right now.
Stay-at-home Mom

I am thankful and feel blessed to have been able to stay home with our boys.  I taught school for three years before our oldest was born.  He will be 16 in August.  Sometimes I can't believe it's been that long since I've worked outside the home.  My husband has always supported me in this dream.

5. April showers bring May flowers...what's blooming in your yard or garden today?
A few years ago I started noticing this plant around our neighborhood and didn't know what it was.  I asked and found out it was a red yucca.  I wanted to get one.  Not long after that my neighbor asked me if I'd want some, she had someone give her some so she had extra.  We planted a couple and this year this one is in bloom!  I was so excited to see it.  It is small compared to the others, but I'm so excited it is growing!  Here is a picture:
 And when I went out I remembered my lantana is in bloom. It’s very pretty.

Not the best pictures, it was so bright out! 

I am looking forward to seeing my gladiolas blooming.


6. Insert your own random thought here. 

My husband and I participated in an online marriage seminar last week.  It is by Mark and Jill Savage.  We really enjoyed it and learned new things.  I'd recommend it, I'm not sure when they will offer it online again but it was worth our time and money. Here is more information at this site.  There is a spot where you can enter your email to be notified when they have it again.

We feel it is important to invest in your marriage, if you have been married a short or long time.

Have a day of blessings!
 Bethany

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I was a stay at home Mum when our kids were little then I returned to working. Now I'm a stay at home Grandmother - I usually look after one of our Grandsons 2 days a week but not at the moment. Things are still locked down tight here in London so I desperately miss seeing the little ones. Hopefully after the weekend things will start to be eased but I'm sure it's going to be very gradual.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That's so cute from Titus! I hope you get to go camping. My husband usually flies to Chicago and drives with his brother to Canada for a fishing trip but that's not happening this year. We have done pick up and delivery. It is mainly my husband who goes out except for when we do our social distancing with James! I will continue to wear a mask for a long time. Waiting for some cute ones to come in the mail. The red yucca looks nice. We have lantana everywhere. Enjoyed reading your answers. Happy Mother's Day to you.