Thursday, April 30, 2020

Thankful Thursday

Another week has passed with our "new normal" continuing.  It seems many are excited to see states "opening" on May 1, even in a limited way.  I'm not sure how I feel about that and probably won't change anything we are doing for the time being.  We live in a small town and not many cases in our county; however, next to us the county count keeps rising by around 15 or more per day.  I'm not sure if this is just because of the testing is available or what reason.  We are staying safe and thankful for our home.

What do you feel thankful for today?  Here is my list:

~ getting to do an online marriage seminar at home with my husband.  We signed up to do a seminar hosted by Mark and Jill Savage.  What a blessing this has been!  I love learning new things to use in our marriage.

~ my big boy being helpful watching his brother while we do the seminar.  I came up with a list of options for them to do.  He has been creative in coming up with things for them to do for the hour we have the class.  It blesses my heart to see this.

~ my little guy having a good visit at the doctor for his 5 year old check up.  I felt safe being there with the precautions they have taken in the office.  And I'm super thankful for my healthy growing boy.

~ God showing me the same verse multiple times this week.  My friend gave me this song to share with Titus when he told me he felt scared on Sunday.  Then on Monday it was the verse of the day for the Faith over Fear challenge I've been doing.  On Tuesday I got a letter back from my pen pal (a girl from church) and we are also doing a coloring page back and forth.  The verse on the coloring page is the same verse, which didn't click with me until I saw it again.  And then Wednesday I saw it again in a random post on Facebook.

Here is the verse of Psalm 56:3, 4:

When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.
     In God, whose word I praise—
in God I trust and am not afraid.

~ As I mentioned above, I have a new pen pal.  I'm thankful to get letters from her and also from my niece this week.

~ God's protection.  I mentioned this yesterday but I wanted to remember it. I felt like it gave me the perfect opportunity to point out to Titus how God has protected us at that stop light.  I feel sure we would have been hit if I had started going as soon as the light turned green.  Caleb remembered that this had happened another time to me when I paused instead of going as soon as I got a green arrow.


Have a day of blessings!
  Bethany

No comments: