Sunday, December 1, 2019

Giving Thanks Challenge 2019

I think I forgot to copy and paste my list the past couple of years from Facebook onto my blog.  I made a point this year to keep a list so it would be easy to paste it here!

I enjoy participating in this challenge each year on Facebook during the month of November.

Day 1: Today I am thankful for the warmth of the sunshine after a few days of coldness.
Day 2: Today I am thankful for roasting marshmallows by the campfire. 🔥

Day 3: Today I am thankful that in the night I saw a blanket had fallen from the top bunk onto a heater in the camper and it didn’t cause a fire.

Day 4: Today I am thankful for my washing machine and dryer.

Day 5: Today I am thankful for lunch dates with my hubby.

Day 6: Today I’m thankful for making treat bags with my little helper for the football players.

Day 7: Today I am thankful for watching my #60 tonight in his last game of the season. I'm going to miss his games on Thursday nights! It’s been fun to watch the Bulldogs. (We’ve gone from 100+ degrees at the beginning of the season to 37 degrees tonight....not sure which temperature I prefer!) I love watching Caleb and hearing the announcer call his name for tackles, and I’ve been so proud of his hard work on the field. I’m thankful for the friends and family that have made the trip to come watch him too. Next up for him is powerlifting and raising chickens.

Day 8: Today I am thankful for Friday night football with my boys! 🏈 And the beautiful tribute to our veterans before the game was so touching.

Day 9: Today I am thankful for a weekend at home.

Day 10: Today I am thankful for our small group.

Day 11: Today I am thankful for my husband being home and a fire in our fireplace on a cold day.

Day 12: Today I am thankful for a new friend.

Day 13: Today I’m thankful for hearing this song again on the radio. We sang it a few weeks ago when we went to church with my Dad. "Yes I Will"

Day 14: I’m behind! But today I’m thankful to watch the Bulldogs in their playoff game. It was a fun experience for Caleb. Football has been fun, and I look forward to next year.

Day 15: Today I am thankful for lunch with my Mom and supper with friends.

Day 16: Today I am thankful for quiet solitude and also the laughter and stories of sweet girls.

Day 17: Today I am thankful for the life of Mrs. H and the many lives she touched while here on earth. She will be greatly missed.

Day 18: Today I am thankful for being able to pick up my boy at 4. I love football season, but it’s nice for him to be home earlier.

Day 19: Today I am thankful for my thoughtful neighbor bringing us some supper. Very unexpectedly and a nice surprise!

Day 20: Today I am thankful that a sweet girl named Sydney was born (and her brother too!). Sydney has been such a blessing in so many ways to all of us, and I am thankful for her sweet spirit and heart.

Have a great day Sydney! Thank you for being you!

Day 21: Today I am thankful for yummy chicken tortilla soup on a chilly day.

Day 22: Today I am thankful for traveling safety as Caleb was driving. I do not understand why some people have the need to pass in a no passing zone.

Day 23: Today I am thankful for new memories with the P family. I’m glad we can get together.

Day 24: Today I’m thankful for the smell of my peanut butter chocolate chip cookies when I walk in the door. 🍪My favorites! Caleb made them with Sydney this afternoon.

Day 25: Today I am thankful for my Titus and our days together. I am thankful for his imagination, questions, and songs.

Day 26: Today I am thankful for my Caleb and the young man I see him becoming. I am thankful for his hugs, his sense of humor, his willingness to take a stand, our conversations (sometimes about hard things and hearing his thoughts/opinions), and how he’s a great big brother.

Day 27: Today I am thankful for sleeping late and having both boys home.

Day 28: Today I am thankful for a nice Thanksgiving with family and all our favorite foods. I always enjoy eating at lunch, but my favorite is to have a plate of warmed up leftovers at supper made by my Momma. She heats it up just right, puts what I want, and knows how I like the turkey and dressing with a little gravy on it.

Day 29: Today I am thankful for my husband . I’m thankful for how he takes care of me, always seems to know what I need, and the ways he invests in our boys.

Day 30: Today I am thankful for books to read and relaxing day.

Have a day of blessings!
 Bethany

No comments: