Friday, December 6, 2019

Children's book: My Bedtime Bible Prayers






About the book: 
My Bedtime Bible Prayers
is creatively designed to encourage Bible reading and prayer as a natural part of any nighttime routine.

Inside are 44 prayers, each based on a Bible verse and Bible story, along with a takeaway question. The whimsical illustrations featured throughout depict both Bible scenes and contemporary life. With this caring guidance, children ages 6-8 will learn to share their hearts and thoughts with God--while also discovering how much He loves them!


My thoughts:

This book of prayers contain prayers relevant to a young child’s life. I think this book would teach a child they can and should talk to God about anything!

I like that the prayers are short and meaningful.  It is also nice that each page has a question for the child to consider like on the "God is Faithful" prayer it asks "Who can you count on to be there for you when you need them?" The prayer gives examples of God's faithfulness to us through the sun rise and the family and friends He gives. Also, the prayers begin with a different greeting each day like “Dear God” or “Hi Dad.”  This could lead to a good conversation with your child about how God is our heavenly Father.

As another  reviewer said, it made me scratch my head to see the illustration with the child on top of the dresser.  I thought this was an odd thing to put in a children’s prayer book.  Parents don’t want their children climbing on dressers. This is a safety issue and shouldn’t be in a children’s book.

I received a copy of this book from Kregel publications for my honest review.  Thank you.

Have a day of blessings!
    Bethany

No comments: