Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Book: 14 Keys to Lasting Love



About the book:
In 14 Keys to Lasting Love, Dr. Kim Kimberling shows couples that marriage isn't just meant to make you happy but to make you holy. He knows what you struggle with and what areas of marriage scare you. By looking at 14 major areas of marriage, he shows you and your spouse how to stay on the right track.
Through chapters on empathy, personal health, conflict behavior, talking, intimacy, sex, and more, you'll learn how to have the happy, connected marriage you've dreamed of. Each chapter concludes with a list of items to think about and a "Going Deeper" section.
 
My thoughts:
This has been an enjoyable book to read. There are so many marriage books out there.  I appreciate the insights offered in this one.  I was not familiar with this author, he was easy to read and follow though.  I appreciated the examples of situations he shared from his experiences with counseling couples.  When I read it is helpful to read "real life" examples, and this helped me relate to the "keys" to love he was presenting. 

This book would be a great gift for yourself for your own marriage or to give to an engaged couple. It is very practical and will be helpful to any couple.

I received a copy of this book from Hachette book group for my honest review.  Thank you.

Have a day of blessings!
Bethany

No comments: