Thursday, May 17, 2018

Thankful Thursday

We have had a somewhat busy week, just doing our regular things.  I'm excited for the end of school and for Caleb to be home with us!  Titus told him yesterday you have one week of school and then you will be home with us.  (I'd told him that earlier in the day so he informed Caleb after school!)

This week I am thankful for...
~ when my husband knows the right words to tell me that will encourage me and remind me of his love.

~ hearing my big boy share his knowledge and love of fishing with his little brother.  It has been so cute to hear them talk about fishing this week.

~ my little guy's new room decorations! We had been asking him what he wanted to put up in his new room.  He kept telling us grasshoppers!  He went to the fabric store with Gramma, and they found some with grasshoppers on it. She said it doesn't really match/go together but he was so excited about it so that is all that matters.  He was excited to sleep in his bed with the grasshopper pillows and blanket this week.  Here is a picture: 




~  I have been seeing these plants ALL over town and my neighborhood.  I don't know why I've never noticed them before.  I think first I saw some at McDonalds and then one day at Chick fil a.  Then I started seeing them in my neighborhood.  Both neighbors have them so I asked one if it was a red yucca. She said yes and she had some extras, did I want some.  So now I have my own.  She said they are hearty so I hope they will grow!  I found this image online.
Image from this site

~ opportunities to raise funds for my boys' trip to Haiti.  Some people have sent money for them and others have bought things from our fund raisers.  We want to have another bake sale and are looking for a place that allows us to have one.

~ finishing another audio book today and starting another.  I love my reading time!

Have a day of blessings! 
    Bethany

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful plant you have to grow in your yard and so nice of a neighbor to share with you. Looking at all the things that make you Thankful is a great way to have a soft heart and it sure does sound like you have that.