Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Wednesday Hodgepodge


1. What would you say is your biggest day to day challenge? Staying focused on completing a task before starting another one. I know part of it is the season of life because I will be working on something and hear "Mommy I need you" or "Mommy play this with me."  And that is totally okay!

2. May 16th is National Biographers Day. What's a biography you really enjoyed reading? Is this a genre you read regularly? I will like to read the answers to this question for suggestions.  I do not read biographies very often.  I can't even think of one I have read.  I did read the autobiography of Truett Cathy (founder of Chick fil a) several years ago.

3. How important is keeping a clean house? Do you need to de-clutter your life? Yes, I know I need to de-clutter. I would like it to be cleaner than it is most of the time.  I have certain things I try to stay on top of....dishes and laundry and sweeping the floor.

4. You're the 8th dwarf. What's your name? I had to look up the names of the dwarfs.  I'll say "Tuneful" because I'm often humming or singing.

5. What's surprised you the most about your life or life in general?  How God has fit together all the pieces.....getting me and my husband to ACU at the same time to meet and so many other things along the way.  It is a comfort knowing He is in control and has a plan.

6. Insert your own random thought here.

My Caleb has 2 STAAR tests this week....Science today and Social Studies tomorrow.  Then he will have awards on Tuesday and next Friday is their last day.  He's almost finished with 8th grade! 

Every night we each share one thing from our day we are thankful for, and we write them in a book. Tonight we started book #4. I always write in the cover the start and end dates of the books. As I was writing the 4 in this new book, I had the thought I wonder if it will take us 4 years to fill up this book. (I've been thinking a lot lately about "4 more years.") Right then Caleb said "hey Mom, I may be graduating by the time we finish this one!" Thankful for our time together and memories with my boys. It's great to look back on these books and remember our blessings.Thankful, grateful, blessed


Have a day of blessings!
 Bethany

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your thankful book! What a great idea.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I always get sidetracked when I'm doing something. I stay on top of the things that need to be done like you listed. I have to start to declutter my cabinets and closets. I like your dwarf name. It is comforting to know He has a plan. This is an exciting time in Caleb's life. I hope he does well on his tests and at the award presentation, along with his graduation.