Thursday, December 7, 2017

Thankful Thursday


We've had a nice week.  Next week will be busy too for us I guess from looking at the calendar.  Today I am thankful for...

~ a fun getaway with my hubby.  We like to go at the beginning of December which is 6 months till our anniversary.  It has sort of become a tradition I guess!  We had a nice time shopping and eating good food and resting. 

~ my boy competing in school events and doing well.  He did not advance in his all region tryout on Saturday for band.  Today was UIL competition and he placed first in Modern Oratory. I was so excited when I saw his name on the board.  I thought he sounded amazing when he practiced one last time for us last night but knew I might be biased.  I think he has a great ability to speak in front of people.  We are proud of him for trying out for both events and the hard work he has put into both.

~ my little guy sleeping better for the most part this week which meant I got more sleep. 

~ my Mom being able to help watch/pick up the boys so I could volunteer at the school to help with the UIL.

~ having our chimney cleaned and using our fire place this week.  It is nice to watch it and sit by it.  It was like 80 a couple days and now in the 30s.  Texas weather!!

~ signing up to go to a marriage retreat in January that our church is hosting.  We were excited to find out about this at our new church and look forward to attending.

Have a day of blessings!
   Bethany

1 comment:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

So much to be thankful for. Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!