Friday, December 8, 2017

Book: The Crooked Christmas Tree




I thought the description of this book sounded good and was so glad I read it. 

About the book:
In this real-life Christmas fable, when a Dad decides to let his kids select the family Christmas tree, he gets an unexpected lesson about God’s love.

In this thoroughly contemporary holiday story, a father lets his children choose the family Christmas tree. To his surprise, the kids pick one that is crooked. As he tries one thing after another to make the tree look right, he rediscovers the power of God’s love. He begins to understand Christmas in a new way, particularly when his family decorates their tree and crown it with a star, never even noticing the crookedness he spent hours in the garage struggling to hide. The tender and laugh-out-loud narrative of real-life relationships propels the reader through the most un-generic Christmas story. This upbeat and comedic treasure refreshes the Christmas message of love and faith.

My thoughts:
This book has such a wonderful message. It was a great reminder of God's love for each one of us. The author does a good job in expressing his feelings with the tree chosen by his kids and how his feelings about the tree changed.  I think after reading this book you will look at people who are different from yourself in a new light.

I had my husband and son read it too.

It is a quick read, and I believe you will enjoy it this holiday season!  


Visit this site to learn more about Hachette Book Group and books they offer.

I received a copy of this book for my review from the Hachette Book Group. Thank you.


Have a day of blessings! 
  Bethany

1 comment:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It sounds like a lovely story. I put it in my Amazon cart.