Friday, October 6, 2017

Book: The Blessing

Today I want to share with you book #2 in the Amish Cooking Class Series.  It is called The Blessing.

About the book:Six new cooking class students.  New friendships form, a romance blossoms, and hearts receive healing nourishment. Will Heidi’s own hurting heart also be healed?

Despite stressful changes occurring in their lives, Lyle and Heidi once again open their Ohio home up to those seeking to learn about Amish cooking. This time a teenager helping her divorced dad cook for the family, a caterer needing new recipes, a food critic, a hunter looking to impress his buddies, a wife given the class as an unwanted gift, and a mailman lured in by the aroma of good cooking gather around Heidi’s table.

During each class, Heidi teaches culinary skills, but it is her words of wisdom that have a profound effect on her students—though, this time Heidi’s own hurting heart will need some healing nourishment.


My thoughts:
I enjoyed the main character Heidi in the first book and she continued to be one of my favorites in this book.  I like that the recipes she makes with her students are included in the back of the book because as I read about them they sound good and like things I'd like to make myself.  This group of students is diverse just like Heidi's first group. At the beginning I wasn't sure how well they were going to mesh with each other so it was interesting to read and see them develop relationships through the six classes.  I can tell you that they all learning something in their cooking classes and it isn't just about being better cooks.

This is a good book to read and I look forward to what happens with Heidi and her husband and their desire to have children.

I reviewed The Seekers,  which is book #1 in this series here.

Find out more about Wanda E. Brunstetter and her other books at her website.

I received this book from the publisher for my review as part of the Clippity Clop Club. Thank you.

Have a day of blessings!
  Bethany

No comments: