Wednesday, March 23, 2016

I Can


The point of the book I Can by Kathryn O'Brien and illustrated by Gillian Flint is to help children memorize a scripture. This one is for Philippians 4:13--"I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength." The verse is broken down into pieces. For example, one page says "I can" and then the next page lists things such as I can sing, I can climb, etc. Then it goes on to "I can do" and the following page lists things a child can do like math, puzzles, and chores. The book continues like this until the entire verse is said. Repetition is important when memorizing!

The pages with parts of the verse are written in a larger yellow font. The theme as you can see on the front is a farm scene. I really liked the smoothness and colorfulness of the illustrations with the farm animals and children. I think it would be appropriate for those in the PreK--1st grade range. I liked this book and the idea behind it to help children memorize verses. It is important to hide God's Word in our heart, and this book is a good resource to help you do that with your children.

This book was provided to me for my review by the Tyndale Blog Network. Thank you.

Have a day of blessings!
 

No comments: